The GTI would like to invite all members and family to the 1st GTI summer camp in a long time. The Summer training camp is booked and ready to roll for the weekend of 1st July to 3rd July (Friday night to Sunday afternoon) at Green Park Campsite Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. See http://www.green-park.org.uk/
Cost is approximately £75 per person. £20 deposit due 19th June. Open to all – not just the Squad. First come first served as 24 beds are available and then its tents for the rest. There will be workshops for the taekwondo students which will include a couple of hours on each:
- – Boxing
- – Flexible strength
- – Strategy
- – Drills
- – Patterns
- – Sports psychology
The rest of the family can enjoy the camp facilities. If interested please contact Jasper Chow on firstname.lastname@example.org
GTI Instructors, please check your email for additional information
We have pleasure in inviting you to our third Taekwondo Tournament of 2016, the 2016 GTI National Open Championships on Sunday 10 July at Cheltenham Leisure Centre, Tommy Taylor’s Lane, Cheltenham GL50 4RN. As always we rely on your support and the support of your students who are officials to ensure the day runs to schedule so please encourage them to attend.
Events will include:
– point-stop sparring (for yellow/green belt juniors only)
– continuous sparring (for all other juniors and adults).
Entry fees: £17 for GTI members; £22 for non-GTI entrants.
facebook Event Page
All entries will be processed online via http://gti.wiredma.com/ .
Any queries should be directed to Mr Seamus McGinley, 5th Dan, via email: gtitaekwondoevents @ gmail.com or tournaments @ gti-taekwondo.com or telephone 07963 065 229.
The final Black belt ranking have now been published online at http://gti-taekwondo.com/black-belt-gradings/2014-2015-black-belt-competitor-rankings/
Congratulations to the Competitor of the Year winners who are
- Men’s Sparring: Joseph Cockburn – GTI Hinckley
- Ladies Sparring: Keita Enfield – Cadoxton TKD
- Boys Sparring: Oliver Charles – GTI North London
- Girls Sparring: Catherine Henryanto – GTI North London
- Men’s Patterns: Joseph Cockburn – GTI Hinckley
- Ladies Patterns (Joint winners): Francesca Amigoni – GTI Cheltenham & Stefanie Davies – GTI Liverpool
- Boys Patterns: Connor Smith – MWTA Margate
- Girls Patterns: Abbi Evans-Keeling – Elite TKD
We will be grateful if all winner can attend the next tournament the GTI English Open on 31st January 2016 to receive thier trophy. Not all are GTI member so whilst we will make all effort to contact the winners, if you know any of the winners, please ask them to attend.
Here are some dates for next year.
- 2016 GTI English Open 31st January – Cheltenham
- To be named 16th April – Liverpool
- 2016 GTI National Open 10th July – Cheltenham
- 2016 GTI British Open 6th November – Cheltenham
There will also be forthcoming dates on Charity Events, Patterns and Sparring seminars so keep an eye out 🙂
Also the Black belt grading provisional dates are
- Sunday 10th April 2016 – Derby
- Sunday 9th October 2016- Derby